Low Carb Broken Glass Jel Dessert
This low carb broken glass dessert is a fun retro treat that's sugar free and keto friendly.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 squares
- 3 boxes of Simply Delish jel dessert in different flavors
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup granular low carb sweetener
- Prepare the flavored jel desserts in advance. Make according to the box instructions, but reduce the boiling water to ⅔ cup. Make each flavor separately in small plastic boxes or similar, and allow to set fully.
- To make the cream layer, pour ½ cup of cold water into a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to "bloom".
- Next, bring some heavy cream and another ½ cup water to the boil in a saucepan. Add the sweetener, and whisk until the sweetener has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and pour it over the gelatin mixture, whisking constantly until the gelatin has fully dissolved.
- Let the cream mixture cool to room temperature - it takes about 30 minutes - but make sure you stir it every now and then to prevent a skin forming or it starting to set at the edges.
- Meanwhile, use a blunt spatula or similar to score the set jel dessert into random squares, triangles or whatever. It really doesn't matter!
- Mix all three flavors of jel dessert together in a large pan or container, mixing them around to evenly distribute them. Pour the cooled cream mixture over the top.
- Cover and place in the fridge until set - around 3 hours or overnight.
- Score it into 16 squares and serve! Side note: 1g net carb per serving of two blocks!