Lime Burst Cookies
These Lime Burst Cookies pair perfectly with a cup of tea and a beautiful sunny day.Use code “THELASTBITE10” to try it out and get 10% off!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 36 cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup monkfruit sweetener or, granulated sugar
- 1 sachet Simply Delish Lime Jel
- 2 large eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp lime extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
- In bowl or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter, monk fruit sweetener, & Lime Jel until combined and fluffy.
- On low speed, add eggs, lime and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. *Mixture may look a little lumpy at this point - that’s okay!
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt with a whisk.
- On low speed, slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture. Increase speed to combine. *Dough should be a thick Play-Doh consistency.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough into your hand. Squeeze a few times until it sticks together, then very gently roll into a ball between both palms using a circular motion. *Don’t apply too much pressure or it will crack. Place dough ball on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat until you have 12 on a tray, spaced about 1.5 inches apart. Using your palm, lightly press down on the tops of each ball to flatten slightly.
- Place in preheated oven for 7 minutes. *They will look under-baked. Don’t fret, they are ready.
- Immediately move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. *It is strongly recommended to not trying these directly out of the oven- the taste changes completely after they have cooled.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl. Take each cookie and press tops into the powdered sugar. *Super important the cookies are 100% cooled here or the sugar will just melt!