Keto Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
A soft, vanilla cupcake base filled with Simply Delish Vanilla Instant pudding and topped with chocolate. These Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes are a fun take on the classic custard filled donut and they are made with keto-friendly ingredients!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 Cupcakes
For the cupcake batter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup low-carb granulated sugar
For the filling
- 1 packet Simply Delish Vanilla Pudding
- 1¼ cups almond milk
For the chocolate topping
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon low-carb granulated sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and prepare a muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners. Mix the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until a smooth consistency is formed.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix to form a smooth batter.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the liners. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and cupcakes are cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Beat the packet of Simply Delish pudding mixture into the almond milk using a handheld or electric blender for 2 minutes. Place in the refrigerator to cool and set.
- Cut a small circular hole into the tops of each cupcake and slightly hollow out the centers.
- Divide the vanilla pudding evenly filling the centers, then place the pieces that were cut back on top of the cupcake to cover the pudding.
- Combine the coconut butter, cacao, and sweetener to form a topping. If the coconut butter is hardened, heat in a small saucepan over low heat, then whisk in the remaining ingredients until a smooth paste is formed.
- Before serving, spoon the chocolate mixture evenly over each cupcake. Store cupcakes at room temperature in an airtight container.