Giant Chocolate Banana Whoopie Pie
While considered a New England dessert and a Pennsylvania Amish tradition, the whoopie pie isn't quite a pie, but more than a cookie sandwich. It often has a creamy filling, made of marshmallow or Fluff. However, this recipe is a fun take on the traditional dessert. Create this for an after-dinner dessert, this pie feeds up to two people! Grab a friend and fork and dig in!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
Whoopie Pie Cake
- 2½ oz Choc Zero chocolate chip cookies
- 4 tbls butter
- 4 large eggs best at room temperature
- ¾ cup allulose or sweetener of choice
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ packet Simply Delish Banana Pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup water
Whoopie Pie Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.⠀⠀
- Beat eggs and sugar until it triples in size using a hand or stand mixer.
- Melt sugar free chocolate chips and butter in the microwave. Mix and set aside to cool. Once this is done, add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
- (Don't use a mixer for this step). Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture with a spatula. Gently mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into two separate 5" shallow cake pans and bake for 12-15 minutes. Do not over bake. It should be springy to the touch.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until it forms peaks and then add ½ packet of Simply Delish Natural Instant Banana Pudding Mix.
- Beat until mixed well. Add water as needed to get a frosting/pudding texture. (This will be thicker than just pudding. It holds up well between the cakes without squishing out of the sides and when cutting it).